We would like to invite you to the RAWFILL midterm event on March 28, 2019 in Cuves, France.
RAWFILL has developed an enhanced landfill inventory structure and is working on a decision support tool that allows you to select the most profitable landfill mining projects. During the event we will also demonstrate geophysical methods at pilot sites as a cost-effective method to collect any data that is missing.
March 28, 2019
13.30h - 14.00h: Registration with welcome drinks
14.00h - 15.30h: Plenary session - moderated by Annick Vastiau (Cleantech Flanders / VITO):
- Welcome at Les Champs Jouault by Simon Loisel (Les Champs Jouault)
- Presentation of the joint Secretariat of Interreg NWE by Julia Eripret (Project Unit coordinator – Interreg NWE)
- Overview of the RAWFILL project by Claudia Neculau (SPAQuE)
Enhanced Landfill Inventory Framework by Renaud Derijdt (ATRASOL)
- Decision Support Tools for Landfill Reclamation by Eddy Wille (OVAM)
- Managing past landfills for future site development: a review of the contribution of geophysical methods by David Caterina (ULiège)
- Applications of geophysical methods in the RAWFILL project by Itzel Isunza Manrique (Uliège) and Cornelia Inauen (British Geological Survey)
15.35h - 16.00h: Coffee break and division in groups
16.00h - 18.00h: Site visit in small groups to:
- Demonstration of geophysics
- Waste bioreactor
- Spirulina plant
- Wood facility
- Biogas plant
18.00h - 20.00h: Networking with project partners and your European peers during walking dinner
On March 29 from 10-14h, the RAWFILL workshop: Exchange of good practices and feedback on landfill mining experiences will be organised on the same location as the midterm event (on the site of Les Champs Jouault).
Please note that this workshop will be held in French.
For more information click here.
Registration (March 28, 2019)
Participation is free of charge, but registration is mandatory.
Click HERE to register for this event
The following hotels are located in proximity to the event site. You can book your overnight stay by contacting the hotel directly.
- Hôtel Le Fruitier
Place des Costils, 50800 Villedieu-les-Poêles • 0033 2 33 90 51 00 www.le-fruitier.com/en
- Hôtel Saint-Pierre
12 Place de la République, 50800 Villedieu les Pôles • 033 2 33 61 00 11 www.st-pierre-hotel.com/
Shuttle busses will be provided from the train station to the hotel and the event site and back.
More details will follow later on.