We warmly invite you to the 18th International RAMIRAN conference to be held in the historic University city of Cambridge, UK, between the 14th and 17th September 2020. RAMIRAN “Recycling of Agricultural, Municipal and Industrial Residues in Agriculture Network” is a research and expertise network set up over 25 years ago to improve nutrient utilisation and minimise the environmental impact from livestock manure and other organic material use in agricultural systems. This conference was last held in 2017 and attracts up to 250 delegates from across Europe and further afield. RAMIRAN 2020 will be organised by ADAS, Rothamsted Research and Bangor University and held at the University of Cambridge in Eastern England, UK.
The conference will focus on developing strategies to maximise the efficiency of organic materials against a background of changing regulation, policy and market forces, as well as increasing pressure on the environment, soil quality and food production. Oral and poster presentations are invited to cover the full spectrum of research, from theory to implementation and adoption by stakeholders. We are pleased to announce our Keynote speakers:
- Policy and regulation – Prof Wilfried Winiwarter (IIASA)
- Nutrient utilisation – Prof Lin Ma (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Soil quality – Dr Anne Bhogal (ADAS)
- Air and water quality – Dr Karl Richards (Teagasc)
- Treatment and processing technologies – Dr Oscar Schoumans (Wageningen)
- Promoting best practice – Caroline Drummond (LEAF)