Reducing food waste is a top priority for Europe: 88M tonnes or €143B per year of waste. The EU has committed to halve food waste by 2030 by focusing on all stages of the supply chain.
The REAMIT project proposes to adapt and apply existing innovative technology to food supply chains, to reduce food waste and hence improve resource efficiency.
3 major objectives:
- Raise awareness of the problem of food waste,
- Present the work carried out by the REAMIT project team: adapting existing innovative technologies (new generation sensors, IoT, big data, etc.) and applying them to the management of the agri-food supply chain to meet the objective of halving food waste by 2030
- Provide food companies with digital and technological solutions to the problems they encounter throughout the supply chain, thanks to the B2B meetings and the testimonials.
Who will attend?
- Food companies
- Digital solution providers (software)
- Technology providers (hardware)
- all from Europe
2 half days of BtoB meetings are then proposed allowing participants to continue the exchanges with the contributors of this day, but also between all attendees.
- This event is fully online and runs from 5 to 6 November.
- The event is free of cost.