This workshop, in partnership with Scottish Engineering, will take place in Edinburgh on 26th February 2020 at Murrayfield Stadium, home of Scottish international rugby.
We are delighted to draw on the vast experience of our innovative speakers from various sectors, who will share their learning and how it can be transferred to the challenges facing ocean energy and the engineering sector. This event will also explore Industry 4.0 offshore and the use of virtual and augmented reality in offshore environments.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Paul Sheerin from Scottish Engineering who will be discussing the opportunities for collaboration between the engineering and ocean energy sector,
- Scottish Power Renewables who will be discussing future renewable energy markets and opportunities,
- Subsea 7 who will address approaches to open innovation and supply chain development,
- Scottish Enterprise who will talk about ocean energy progress and challenges.
As well as hearing from the speakers, you will also have the opportunity to participate in facilitated break-out sessions, and discuss any ideas you may have that you would like to take forward.
This event will also provide you with an opportunity to find out more about the OPIN project and the support available including Technology Assessment Processes (TAPs), Collaborative Innovation Groups (CIGs), and upcoming workshops and masterclasses.
Representatives from across Scottish Enterprise (SE) will be in attendance if you wish to discuss how SE can assist your business with challenges.
There will be a lunch reception so you can network with other delegates and a tour of Murrayfield Stadium will be given. Please indicate when booking if this is something you would be interested in.
The interim schedule for the day is the following:
- 09:30 Registration, tea and coffee and networking
- 10:00 Welcome, overview of the day, introduction to OPIN
- 10:15 Welcome from Scottish Engineering – Ocean energy and the engineering supply chain
- 10:30 Industry 4.0 offshore and / or the use of virtual and augmented reality in offshore environments
- 11:00 Subsea 7 – Approach to open innovation and supply chain development
- 11:30 Scottish Power Renewables - Future renewable energy markets and opportunities
- 12:00 Q&A for all speakers
- 12:20 Break - Lunch to be served and networking
- 13:00 Ocean energy progress report, market opportunities and challenges
- 13:20 Introduction to breakout sessions
- 13:30 Breakout session – Discussion of learning from presentations, generate ideas for afternoon agenda, areas to work on
- 14:15 Feedback from breakout sessions
- 14:45 Opportunities going forward
- 15:15 Wrap up / What’s happening next in OPIN
- 15:30 Close / Tour of Murrayfield Stadium for those attending.
A link to the registration page available below.
This event is open to OPIN Members only; to join OPIN, please fill out the following Membership Form.