Workshop to foster collaboration between the offshore sector and ocean energy technology companies
DMEC (Dutch Marine Energy Centre), together with IRO (Association of Dutch Suppliers in the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry and Offshore Renewable Industry), are organising a workshop to identify collaboration opportunities between the offshore supply chain and ocean energy technology companies.
Accelerated development of the ocean energy sector is linked with existing or new developments in other sectors, especially the closely related offshore sector. Synergies in joint technology developments, co-location (e.g. wave-wind farms), supply chain, and policies will be of great benefit to the success of both sectors.
In this workshop, the ocean energy sector will pitch to an audience of organisations from the offshore sector. The draft programme is as follows:
- Commercial opportunities for marine energy (Peter Scheijgrond - Head of Services DMEC)
- Building a community of practice around multi use of the North Sea (Nico Buytendijk - Enterprise Agency Netherlands)
- Dam-integrated solutions for tidal power generation (Marco Wagendorp - Operations Manager Tocardo Tidal Power)
- Powering offshore applications with wave energy convertors (Fred Gardner - Director Teamwork Technology)
- A Dutch solution to build floating bridges equipped with tidal turbines which generate power from the flows (Eric van den Eijnden - CEO Tidal Bridge)
- Powering islands and offshore infrastructure (Erwin Croughs - Director Slowmill)
- Discussion of joint development opportunities
The workshop can be attended free of charge.
To register your interest in attending the workshop and for further details please contact Barbara van Buchem at B.vanBuchem@iro.nl.
Important workshop details:
Date: July 2nd 2019
Time: 14:00 – 16:30 CET
Location: Maritiem MuseumLeuvehaven 1, 3011 EA Rotterdam, Netherlands