In collaboration with the International Energy Agency Ocean Energy Systems Technology Collaboration Programme (OES TCP), OPIN is proud to invite you to first OPIN & OES TCP webinar on 15th of July. This webinar will provide an overview of activities and highlight progress made by OPIN & the OES TCP in 2020.
OES is the technology collaboration programme (TCP) on Ocean Energy Systems, a collaboration between countries, founded in 2001, which operates under a framework established by the International Energy Agency (IEA) in Paris. The programme is made up of experts across government, academia and industry in 55 countries dedicated to advancing common research and the application of specific energy technologies.
The OPIN network is seen as a key network for the IEA-OES to inform and promote its work.
Confirmed speakers include Yann-Hervé De Roeck, IEA-OES Chairman and Patricia Comiskey, OPIN Project Lead. The session will include highlights on tasks currently being progressed by the OES TCP in areas such as assessment of job creation potential in the ocean energy sector; development of performance metrics for standardised assessment of ocean energy technologies; environmental and consenting methodologies for ocean energy technologies.
Please joins us on 15th July to find out more about the work of IEA-OES and how it will shape and inform policy development for the future of the ocean energy sector.
- Welcome address and intro to OPIN by Patricia Comiskey, SEAI Programme Manager (14:00 – 14:10)
- Intro to IEA-OES by Ana Brito e Melo, IEA-OES Executive Secretary (14:10 – 14:25)
- Jobs creation by Yann-Hervé De Roeck, IEA-OES Chairman (14:25 – 14:40)
- Performance Metrics by Jonathan Hodges, Senior Innovation Engineer at Wave Energy Scotland (14:40 – 14:55)
- OES Environmental by Anne Marie O'Hagan, Senior Research Fellow at University College Cork/ MaREI Centre for Energy, Climate and Marine (14:55 – 15:10)
- Q&A session (15:10 – 15:25)
- Close (15:25 – 15:30)
This event is open to OPIN members. If your organisation is not listed here, please fill out the following Membership Form. OPIN registration is quick, free and gives access to an international network of more than 400 members and activities dedicated to offshore renewable energy.