Join us at the first Interreg NWE impact event on 4 & 5 December 2019 in Tourcoing and learn more about Ocean DEMO. Read More
OceanDEMO - Demonstration Programme for Ocean Energy Pilot Farms and Supporting Technologies
The existing terrestrial supply for renewables is already market-driven, whereas Ocean Energy (OE) is untapped. Having advanced single device OE deployments, FORESEA has identified a key market failure relating to the first multi-device OE farms; this is the point when risks and capital requirements are highest, hence market intervention is now most needed to realise the NWE OE potential.
OceanDEMO will address this market failure via 3 key elements:
- Prove investability with investors by demonstrating and de-risking the most promising OE generating technologies in multi-device farm configuration.
- Develop an active supply chain that invests in dedicated OE sub-systems and components.
- Create a supportive policy environment for OE by providing governments with confidence in OE and highlighting OE's economic benefits.
- Demonstrate investability of OE with at least 15 investors that provide debt and project finance to raise awareness & promote the uptake of OE.
- Create a more active and invested supply chain to help reduce technical risk of OE and advance the TRL of dedicated OE sub-systems and components.
- Establish political support for a supportive policy environment that will encourage production of ocean energy in NWE. These will most likely be in Ireland, UK, the Netherlands, France and Belgium as this is where the majority of the NWE resource is located.
- Operation of 2 OE deployments in multi-device farm configuration in NWE connected to the European electricity grid.
- Advance 15 cross cutting low carbon technologies to near to commercial readiness.
- Supportive policy environment for OE in at least 3 member states in NWE.
- 500m EUR of private funds invested into OE deployment farm deployments
- 20 dedicated OE products
- 100MW of OE installed capacity
Foundation Dutch Marine Energy Centre
Marine Institute Building, Renville
Ecole Centrale de Nantes
1 rue de la Noë, BP 92101
Nantes cedex 3
Ocean Energy Europe
63 Rue D'Arlon
European Marine Energy Centre
Old Academy, Stromness, Orkney
|European Marine Energy Centre||
Old Academy, Stromness, Orkney
|Foundation Dutch Marine Energy Centre||Koos Unekenemail@example.com||Netherlands|
|SmartBay Ireland||Mairéad Elliottfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ireland|
|Ecole Centrale de Nantes||Olivia Thilleulemail@example.com||France|
|Ocean Energy Europe||Victor Kempffirstname.lastname@example.org||Belgium|
The new Interreg NWE project Ocean DEMO has been officially launched today. It provides funding to developers of marine renewable technologies to test their products or services in real sea environments. Ocean DEMO specifically targets multi-machine ocean energy installations. This will allow developers to move closer to market by demonstrating their technologies at full commercial scale. Ocean DEMO will release a first call for applications this year and devices will be installed from 2020 to 2022. Read More
The first Ocean DEMO call for applications is now open. Successful applicants will receive free access to test their ocean energy products and services in real sea environments at the project’s network of test centres. Read More
Information documents and application form for the 1st Ocean DEMO call for applications. Read More
The EU-funded Ocean DEMO project has awarded recommendations for support to ten offshore renewable energy developers under its 2nd call. The awards will support developers on their path to commercialisation and ease the transition of ocean energy towards multi-device farms by providing free access to open sea test sites. Read More
The EU-funded Ocean DEMO project launched its 2nd call today at Ocean Energy Europe Conference & Exhibition 2019 in Dublin. The project has also awarded recommendations for support to twelve offshore renewable energy projects under its 1st call which closed in July 2019. Read More
Information documents and application form for the 2nd Ocean DEMO call for applications. Read More