This seminar is organised as a partnership between the European geothermal industry and European local authorities committed to the energy transition to facilitate the uptake of this clean renewable energy technology. In particular, this workshop, organized in the framework of the GEORISK project and the HeatNet NWE project and in association with the Covenant of Mayors, aims at best answering the following issues:
- Role of local planning in enabling RES investments, notably for heating and cooling;
- Impact of local authorities in enabling the business model of geothermal projects;
- Barriers to deploying geothermal district heating and cooling projects;
- Policy solutions for facilitating deployment of geothermal district heating and cooling;
- Financing geothermal projects.
This event will be held in Brussels on 13th December between 9:00-13:00. The venue will be confirmed in the coming days. You can register using the link below.
You can find the draft agenda on the Georisk website.