The project partners held 5 presentations during this session:
- Julie Leblois (awé groupe) presented the general objectives and structure of the project
- Clément Grelet (CRAW) showed the results of the first stress experiment
- Andreas Werner (LKV BW) introduced the use of MIR based predictions to assess the heat stress level of dairy cows
- Laura Dale (LKV BW) presented the model MastiMIR to predict mastitis
- Mohammed El Jabri (IDELE) presented the results of the hoof lesions predictive models
We were also very proud to count on incredible invited speakers:
- Elsa Vasseur and Mazen Bahadi (McGill University, Canada), gave a talk about the detection of welfare status in a milk sample: effects of housing modifications on milk spectra
- Scott Denholm (SRUC), introduced his work about how to extract added value from routine milk recording using deep learning
The session room was full and a lot of interest for the project arose with interesting questions and discussions.
It was also a great opportunity to meet some project partners for real, after 18 months of video-conference. Let’s hope that the next scientific meetings will not be virtual anymore!