Our consortium is glad to announce that GROOF capitalisation initiative has been approved by the Interreg NWE programme. Our new initiative is all about supporting more sustainable greenhouse projects through an individual and collective coaching. We will support your project’s development to increase your chances of success and improve its potential of CO2 saving! For this call, any sustainable greenhouse project in connection to a building or a city can apply, our scope is not exclusive to rooftop projects anymore.
This time, we will target 4 new countries: UK, The Netherlands, Ireland and Germany. We welcome 1 new partner and 2 associated partners who are now joining the consortium to work on the initiative.
- FarmTech Society: The Farm Tech Society (FTS) is an international non-profit industry association that unites and supports the Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) industry, seeking to strengthen the sector through the development and implementation of resilient and future proof methods and technologies for indoor growing.
- UK Urban AgriTech: The UK Urban AgriTech collective, or UKUAT, brings together the UK’s key players in modern agricultural technologies. We’re a cross-industry group devoted to promoting urban agtech as a solution for food and environmental crises. We influence policy by sharing information, educating, and communicating practitioner needs as one. We promote the uptake of agtech in urban and peri-urban settings by uniting to attract funding and customers.
- South Kerry Development Partnership: South Kerry Development Partnership CLG is a community led local development company. They aim to promote economic development by protecting and increasing employment, by fostering the development of new and existing enterprises and by helping individuals to access employment in the area.
Take note of the timeline:
- 2nd semester 2021: opening of the call;
- From March 2022 to March 2023: individual and collective coaching of 10 selected projects;
- May 2023: closure event to promote our ready-to-GROOF pioneers.
More info coming soon on www.groof.eu