The 5th Cycle Highway Academy will take place on the 10th and 11th of October 2018 in Leuven, Belgium. The Cycle Highway Academy will be a two-day session, focusing on how to “Plan a cycle highway” and how to “Design & Build a cycle highway” in which the tools of the Interreg NWE CHIPS project (Cycle Highway Innovation project) will be shared.
- Day 1: Provinciehuis Leuven – room ‘Spoor 95’ – Provincieplein 1, 3010 Leuven, Belgium
- Day 2: ‘STUK’ – Naamsestraat 96, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
When: From Wednesday October 10th (10h00 ()) until Thursday October 11th (15:30 ())
Who: The target audience of this fifth Academy is all stakeholders associated with cycle highways: spatial planners, cycle highway managers, public authorities, knowledge institutes and industry in North-West Europe.
What: Besides a training session, the Cycle Highway Academy is a place where cycle highway experts meet and discuss innovations, new cycle highway tools and share knowledge and best practices. The Academy is a mix between theory, tools and showing concrete implementations and best practices. The main objectives of the CHAs are presented in the CHIPS Lifecycle, see below, which will be addressed in the Cycle Highway Academies. The upcoming, fifth Cycle Highway Academy will focus on the firs two stages of the CHIPS Life Cycle: how to“Plan, Design & Build your Cycle Highway”.
During this Cycle Highway Academy we want to discuss the following topics with you:
- How does Flanders cope with the growing use of traffic by planning cycle highways? This topic will also be addressed dturing a cycling excursion along part of the F3 cycle highway.
- How can speed pedelecs and cycle highways go hand-in-hand?
- What is the potential of a cycle highway in a certain region (potential maps and how to use these tools)?
- Can we go towards a European Standards for readability on a cycle highway?
- Where do we see cycle highways in 10 years? What is the vision that can be shared to( shared with or disseminated to) the world?
During this Cycle Highway Academy you will be able to experience to cycle on a cycle highway with a speed pedelec.