The Codex4SMEs project provides diagnostics SMEs from North-West Europe with various workshops free of charge, conducted by experts from the network. Med-Di-Dia provides a choice of two different workshops.
- Economic Operators Workshop
Expertise may be provided in small dedicated workshops with 3 SMEs in each. As part of the Codex4SMEs program, Med-Di-Dia offers two optional workshops. An SME can apply for only one of the two workshops. The selection is made on a first-come, first-served basis. The training will only be carried out after three SMEs have registered for the workshop.
There are significant changes in the European legislation applicable to IVDs. The IVDR (In Vitro Diagnostic Regulation) (EU 2017/746) has replaced the IVD Directive (98/79/EC) and will impose new requirements on Legal Manufacturers and other Economic Operators.
Course will include:
- Background to the IVD Regulation and why the IVD Directive is being replaced
- Identify Economic Operators, including importers and distributors
- Recognise increased responsibilities of Economic Operators
- Outline mandatory requirements of Economic Operators