The factsheets provide for each Specific Objective (SO) a summary of the territorial challenges and opportunities, objectives, target groups, activities, and results. These are designed to help potential applicants understand what is expected from projects under each topic.
Please note, however, that the comprehensive description of each SO, which contains detailed explanations and further examples should be consulted for a full understanding of the SO in Chapter 2.1 of the NWE Interreg Programme (NWE IP). An updated version of the NWE IP will be available by mid-February.
- Promoting climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention, resilience taking into account ecosystem-based approaches
- Enhancing nature protection, biodiversity and reducing all forms of pollution
- Promoting energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Promoting renewable energy
- Promoting the transition to a circular and resource efficient economy
- Developing and enhancing research and innovation capacities and the uptake of advanced technologies
- Enhancing the effectiveness and inclusiveness of labour markets and access to quality employment through developing social infrastructure and promoting social economy
- Ensuring equal access to health care and fostering resilience of health systems, including primary care, and promoting the transition from institutional to family-and-community-based care
- Enhancing the role of culture and sustainable tourism in economic development, social inclusion and social innovation
Step 1 application form
The step 1 application form is a word version of what applicants will find on the Interreg NWE Joint electronic submission system (Jems) and need to fill in to submit a step 1 application.
Please note however, that this word version of the application form is only provided as a working document for applicants to start preparing their submission and all project submissions must be made via Jems. The Jems will be released when Call 1 opens on 22 March.
Step 1 assessment criteria
The step 1 assessment criteria against which every project application will be assessed to establish its relevance and feasibility. Decisions on whether to grant funding will be based on this document.
Step 1 eligibility criteria
The step 1 eligibility criteria, which are the list of criteria each project must comply with to be declared eligible.