The Interreg project Codex4SMEs (Companion diagnostics expedited for small and medium-sized businesses) project plans to improve healthcare by enhanced adoption of Personalized Medicine in North-West Europe. The objective is to establish a network, which supports SMEs along the value chain of Companion diagnostics (Cdx) development.
Companion diagnostics (Cdx) are an indispensable tool for optimum application of Personalized Medicine: they allow tests to determine the molecular causes of a disease before treatment has started. However, thus far the development of companion diagnostics has been highly time-consuming and costly, so at present it is only used in the context of very few treatments.
Codex4SMEs will establish a transnational network of nine partners and two sub-partners from seven countries and expedite the development of the SMEs’ products in the field of Cdx. There is a need to improve SMEs‘ innovative capabilities and raise both international competitiveness and the impact of North-West Europe SMEs in this global market as the USA are far ahead - Codex4SMEs will directly address this challenge.
Benefits for SMEs
- Access to:
- Sample access service
- biomarker validation service
- knowledge transfer service of biomarker/biobanking
- ecosystems from 11 partners
- transnational roadshow to venture and large pharma companies
- business model and expert access service for business growth and scaling
- Tailored support dependent from the product TRL levels of the SMEs
Lead Partner: BioRegio STERN Management GmbH, DE
- University of Leicester (and subpartner) UK
- BOM Holding BV, NL
- WestBIC, IE
- Innovation Quarter (and subpartner) NL
- Medicen Paris Region, FR
- Integrated BioBank of Luxembourg, LU
- Biobank Graz at the Medical University of Graz, AT
- CÙRAM Centre for Research in Medical Devices, IE
EATRIS European Infrastructure for Translational Medicine, NL