Circular Economy and Critical Metals
Circular Economy and Critical Metals - May 16th, 2019
This will be a one-day event bringing together experts from respected institutes, the EC and private sector representatives to assess the role of critical metals in digitalisation and energy transition.
08h30 – 09h00 Welcome participants
09h00 – 09h15 Conference opening and Introduction - Christian TRAISNEL – DG TEAM²
09h15 – 10h45 UNEP and European Commission (Maria NYBERG-Fabrice MATHIEUX) focusing on the European and Global development.
COMES focusing on new developments in France.
Philippe SAINT-AUBIN (CESE) focusing on « Economical solutions for the dependency in Strategic Metals? »
Role and support of the Strategic Committees of Mining and Metallurgy / Processing and recovery of waste.
10h45 – 11h00 Coffee break
11h00 – 12h15 Keynote by industrialists on their expectations on the resources resulting from recycling
• « Critical metals for future transport: what are the new needs for this sector? »
• « What are the requirements for new alloys? »
• « What prospective for Urban Mining, traditional Mines, industrial wastelands? »
• «New challenges of Critical Metals in digital developments? »
• «Example on data centre industry in the INTERREG CEDACI project (Dr Deborah ANDREWS, London South Bank University)»
12h15 – 12h45 Wrap-up and conclusion
14h15 – 16h00 Parallel workshop sessions
- What is the advancement on the subject in R&D? (With CHIMIE PARISTECH, CEA and BRGM)
-Presentation of industry’s recent achievements and innovation for the recycling of strategic metals and rare earths: technologies, process improvement, global assessment of impacts and benefits.
- Presentation of State-of-the-art Circular Economy in data centre industry. Engaging stakeholders in the CEDACI project (pathways for the re-use or recycling of data ,centre equipment and how to build trans-sectoral and sub- sectoral collaboration)
16h00 – 16h30 Coffee break
16h30 – 17h30 « What improvements are expected in recycling processes? example of pyrometallurgy and hydrometallurgy
for the recycling of strategic metals»
17h30 – 17h45 Perspective and Conclusions –– Christian THOMAS – President of TEAM2