This workshop will be an opportunity to have a look at what is new in biobased paint. The day will start with a short state of the art realised by the CORI (Coatings Research Institute). Then, two topics will be studied in detail, one on the paint itself and the other on ingredients. Ingredients are the focus for development, they will lead us to 100% biobased paint.
At the end of the day, the discussions will turn to certification, a key point in paint marketing. It helps consumers choose the right product and must be well defined.
Entrepreneurs, chambers of agriculture, academics who work in the field of paint or produce ingredients for coating.
PROGRAMME and SPEAKERS:
8:45 Arrival - welcome coffee
9:15 Introduction speech by UniLaSalle and Pascal Dagron - AC3A
9:30 BioBase4SME project by Pascal Dagron - AC3A and Sophie Rabeau - Nov&atech
9:45 Biobased paints: the next future by Mary-Hélène Delvaux - CORI
10:30 Coffee break
10:45 A 100% biobased paint, fact or fiction?
- Title tba, by Jean-Luc Monfort - DERIVERY
- Biobased paint: Perspectives and limits by Arnaud RAYMOND - ONIP
- Title tba, by Francis VIEZ - DVI Labo
12:00 Presentation on BioBase4SME Services for SMEs
14:00 Biobased ingredients for paint and coating:
- CNSL Derivatives Successful History in Coatings by Hans Bosmans - CARDOLITE
- A few examples of biobased resins usable in paints and coatings by Laurence Lecamp - INSA Rouen
- Auto stir-in biobased pigments: Towards the design of an ecological dry paint by Baptiste Thierry - SA COLOR
15:15 Relevant labels for biobased coating by Alice GUEUDET - ADEME
16:00 Closing words
16:15 Coffee break
16:30 - 18:00 Business Meetings