The bioeconomy is a concept many people are still confused by or unaware of. However, consumers are increasingly willing to spend money on products with strong environmental credentials. Bio-based alternatives with a strong sustainability narrative can help to meet growing demand for these solutions.
You are invited to join a training workshop tailored to bioeconomy SMEs on the benefits of sustainability communications and how to develop strategies to boost the marketability of your products.
- Credibility and Visibility: The cornerstones of sustainable communications
- Using more dynamic, business-oriented language
- Designing communications strategies and campaigns
- Using social media to reach a wider audience
Bioeconomy SMEs looking to market environmentally-friendly products and solutions.
Senior Consultant Bárbara Mendes-Jorge has worked at Sustainability Consult, the leading bioeconomy communications and PR agency, since 2013. Previously a part of the corporate responsibility team at the European Investment Bank (EIB), Bárbara is aware of the challenges businesses face in monitoring and communicating sustainability. She previously worked at environmental news site Carbon Brief and E3G, an environmental think tank.
- 10.00-10.15: Arrival and welcome coffee
- 10.15-10.30: Presentation of the BioBase4SME project
- 10.30-11.00: Anti-greenwashing: Credibility and Visibility as the basis of sustainable communications
- 11.00-11.30: Brainstorming communications challenges
- 11.30-12.30: Developing communications strategies in groups
- 12.30: Lunch break
- 13.30-14.30: The power of social media
- 14.30-15.00: Wrap-up, lessons learned networking coffee
Conference Suite, Innovation Centre, York Science Park, Innovation Way, York YO105DG, UK.
Registration is free but mandatory. As there are a limited number of spaces, priority will be given to SMEs. You will receive a registration confirmation by e-mail if your registration is successful. The registration deadline is 6 November 2017.
Contact Lucy Montgomery