Partners in the ACE-Retrofitting project are seeking to support municipalities in launching energy retrofitting strategies for condominiums.
They developed a range of tools that notably help municipalities make the link between the demand side (co-owners, trustees, etc.) and the supply side (professionals).
The “Step-by-Step” toolkit provides 17 specific soft and hard tools to accompany co-owners on the road to condominium energy retrofitting. It is divided into three main complementary phases:
- The “first step” allows the co-owners to explore the idea of leading an energy retrofit in their building.
- The “taking-off step” deals with the activities to be developed until the vote for retrofitting.
- The “real thing step” is related to the start of the energy retrofitting work itself.
- Ian Turner, Energy Cities, ACE-Retrofitting project manager
- Annemarie van Zeijl-Rozema, ICIS-Maastricht University
- Rianne van der Krogt, Municipality of Maastricht
Facilitator - Christiane Maurer
14:00 – Quick introduction to ACE-Retrofitting, an Interreg NWE project introducing and promoting a governance arrangement that overcomes the legal, human and financial barriers to the energy retrofitting of condominiums – Ian Turner, Energy Cities
14:05 -14:20 – Introducing the ACE step-by-step tool, Annemarie van Zeijl-Rozema, ICIS-Maastricht University
14:20-14:40 – A practical example of how it is being implemented in Municipality of Maastricht, Rianne van der Krogt, Municipality of Maastricht
14:40-14:55 – Questions and answers from participants
14:55-15:00 – Conclusions and final comments – Ian Turner, Energy Cities.