Project SummaryFollowing the building of a first generation (test) of wood based 3D printing system, we are designing a second one that is going to be large enough to produce 8m x 4m x 2m parts used fort instance as mold. Our raw inexpensive material is wood and we are using the least possibe quantity of it by combining substractive and additives technologies.
PrintBoat is actually aimed to the design a third génération that is going to be waterways movable, able to produce even larger parts that génération 2. The end of project deliverable will not be the actual full movable device but its design and also a comprehensive plan about the organisation of a whole new industrial branch that we forecat to create arount theses kind of heavy yet moving indutrials solutions.
The project will join partners from the following areas :
- Necessary subsystems builders : like axes, axes control, drives, servo-motors,linear servo motors glueing systems, robots, cutting systems.
- Waterways governemental agencies like VNF for France.
- Wood industry federations
- Wood industries
- Wood insustry aimed technical centers
- Waterway boats builders (especially in the Netherlands)
- Glue providers
- Large transsport specialized societies
- final customers like leisure boat builders
The following video show our first génération(test) machine at work :